Every Girl Needs a Go-To Green Smoothie in Her Back Pocket
So, I wanted to share mine for inspo! I can be a picky eater and taste is very important to me – that’s why I made sure this green smoothie tastes so good! It’s easy to make, healthy (vegan! if you’re into that), and actually tastes AMAZING!
- Almond Milk (1 & a half cups)
- Orange Juice (1/2 cup)
- Banana (1 large or 2 small)
- Frozen Strawberries (a big handful, about 6-8)
- Protein Powder (1 scoop)
- Baby Spinach (1 really big handful)
…and then blend it all together! It fit’s about perfectly into one big Blender Bottle (pictured above). Or any other 28 oz. cup.
Additional Tips & Info
This ingredient is really important because it adds sustenance to the green smoothie. I often use this smoothie as a meal replacement if I’m on the go, pre-workout or post-workout beverage, or as a snack if I’m just really hungry that day haha.
I’m not vegan (I’m pescatarian) but I really like the idea of incorporating as many plant-based options as possible – which is why I use a vegan, plant-based protein powder.
Sunwarrior – Warrior Blend which is raw, plant based, organic protein and I’ve literally used it for the past 5 years. I get it from my local Vitamin Shoppe, but if you don’t have one near you or if you prefer, you can order it online. My favorite is the vanilla protein powder – what can I say, I like classic flavors.
Why Go Green
Like I said earlier, I’m a picky eater, and my taste buds lean towards carbs and sweets and not so much towards veggies. But, with that being said, I try to eat healthy foods as much as possible which means I need to eat more green things and less ice cream *sighs*.
While I love the classic strawberry banana smoothie and other fruit smoothies, I like adding spinach to my smoothies because it sneaks in the veggies. And honestly, you can’t even taste them! You’lll just taste delicious fruity goodness and some vanilla (from the protein powder).
However, if you hate spinach, you can always try kale instead.
- To save time if you’re making the green smoothie often: you can add the strawberries, banana slices, and spinach into baggies and freeze them, then add the protein powder & liquids when you’re ready to blend.
- Buy frozen berries, spinach/kale, and freeze (peeled) bananas if you’re worried about produce spoiling before you an use them up.
- When you’re done the smoothie, rinse out the bottle and fill it with water to drink & stay hydrated
Let me know how you like the smoothie and comment if you try it! I hope you love it as much as I do! 🙂