Summer is the Time to Be Your Most Social Self
I’ve come up with some Summer Date Ideas because it’s finally the time of year again where time spent studying can instead be time spent socializing. And honestly, I feel like we could all use some
fun right about now in our lives.
Whether or not you’re like me and are in a long-term relationship (hey Erick) or you’re just “talking” with someone and have no idea what to do when you guys hangout, everyone needs some date inspo in their lives. Or even if you don’t have a boothang, just take your friend with you and have a friend date. I do that now even having a bf hahah. But seriously, I made this list because Netflix gets boring and there’s only so many times the usual date ideas sound exciting.
I’ve come up with a variety of date ideas that extend past the usual beach day trip or bonfire. Some of these are classic date ideas and some of them are things that may not seem like a date, but with the right attitude and some spice will be really fun. Trust me. I also categorized it depending on the type of date you’re looking for because moods are important haha.
Summer Date Ideas for You & Your Boothang
For the Adventurous:
- Amusement Park. Go to Dorney Park for the day. Or 6 Flags. Or drive down to the closest boardwalk and ride rides on the piers for a night like it’s middle school and you’re wildin’ out like the good ole days.
- Dart Board Day Trip. Print out a map of a blown up map of around your area, pin it up, and throw a dart at it. Wherever it lands, you go. Make a day trip of it and just go with the flow the whole day.
- Airbnb for a Weekend. When you’re young and not made of money, traveling seems like the most impossible thing in the world, yet it’s also one of the things you want to do the most. Airbnb makes it possible. Pick somewhere within driving distance (like the mountains, the beach, or a nearby city) and book an Airbnb for a few nights. It’s SO much cheaper than a hotel, and if you choose to go somewhere like the mountains, you’re only expenses will be the Airbnb, gas money, and food. Not bad.
- Concert. This idea isn’t ~nEw~ but it’s my favorite way to feel like I’m alive. I love all concerts, but I recommend getting tickets for an artist that you two both enjoy listening to. Or, maybe get tickets for an artist you love and bring along your date; if it’s your long-term boothang they’ll love it because you love it, or if it’s a new flame, they’ll get to know more about you.
For the Instagram-Loving:
- Have your Instagram polls choose you day. This is a trend that I’ve seen all over YouTube and Instagram, and it’s new and silly and kinda dumb, but kinda fun? Your friends could make the whole date exciting, or make it go totally awry – but then you’ll have a good story. And we’re all just our stories, aren’t we?
- Dinner Cruise on the River. I did this for my birthday with my bf and we sailed on a boat for a couple of hours on the river. (Here’s the blog post!) The boat is photogenic, the food is boomerang-worthy, you’ll be dressed nicely, and plus you’re on a boat so how could the pictures not be gram-worthy? But, social media isn’t that deep, so remember between all the photos and videos to enjoy your time with your bf/gf/bff. 🙂
- Photoshoot. Personally, this would be an AMAZING date in my mind. However, there is a 0% chance that Erick would agree hahaha. So, this would be a bff date for me. Maybe your bf/gf likes photography & Insta as much as you do, in which case, this date would be perfect! You’ll both get good pics of each other, some cute pics together, your feed will be full of beautiful pictures, and the photographer in you will be satisfied.
For the Athletic & Competitive:
- Golf Outing. I’m picking golf since I am not a golfer, so this would be a new experience for me. But go to a driving range and/or play an 18-hole round of golf in the full golf attire. I’m talking khakis and polos, the whole shebang. Rent clubs, balls, and maybe even go all-out and rent a golf cart. And literally just go ham and immerse yourselves into the sport for that day. You can do this for any sport with its respective notable features.
- Kan Jam Couples Tournament. Gather all the couples in your friend group and/or pair up friends and make a bracket and everything. To make it extra competitive, make bets or prizes for the winners because that raises the stakes and makes everything way more hype. If you don’t already have the game, you can get [amazon_textlink asin=’B001RJ4Q2G’ text=’Kan Jam here’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’AKIAJUCN5NJUOY4TCVCA’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’3d399e5e-6d1f-11e8-9cda-694fc1971fe1′].
- Wheels at the Park. Grab bikes, scooters, rollerblades, or even wave boards and just ride around your local park. You know, those things you used to always play with but maybe haven’t touched in years? Or maybe you ride with friends or alone, but it would be a really fun date idea, too. Honestly 9 times out of 10 I’d rather get a text that asked if I wanted to go rollerblading than watch a movie.
- Sports Game. It’s exciting to go, to watch a sport you love watching, and to support your team! I love going to watch soccer games and baseball games. Also, for my older readers: Tailgating. Enough said.
For the Minimalists:
- Beach Trip. Duh.
- Dinner & Movie. This was the only date I knew of as being a “date” until I was in like late middle school.
- Pool Day & Bonfire. Some swimming, some snacking, some bonfire-ing, because it’s a classic way to spend a summer day.
- Coffee date. Even if the date sucks, at least you got coffee.
- Netflix & Chill. Typing that out almost made me gag so… do with that info what you will.
- Water gun fight. Be a kid again.
& honestly anything can be a date with the right person. It’s summer, have fun, collect some moments, and live your best life – which includes your romantic relationships.
What are you doing with your boothang this summer? Tell me in the comments below!
* This post contains affiliate links. For more information, feel free to read through my Disclosure Policy.