Welcome to BLOGMAS DAY 5
Good evening you guys! I hope today was a good day for you. I know school is stressful right now if you’re in college( or high school). If you feel like you need some help surviving finals week, I got you; check out my Blogmas Day 4 post from yesterday.
Today we’re on a similar yet different note by talking about staying healthy & happy with some winter wellness.
When it comes to health and fitness, I have an extremely balanced approach. It’s because I used to have a really unbalanced approach when it came to being healthy, and all it did was make me unhealthy both mentally & physically. That’s why nowadays, everything I do to be healthy is realistic, balanced, and most importantly, it makes me feel good. If it’s not making you happier, healthier, or wealthier, what’s the point?
My Easy Tips for Staying Healthy & Happy This Winter
- Take a daily vitamin. I take [amazon_textlink asin=’B00I97GQWM’ text=’One A Day Vitacraves Multivitamin Gummies’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’AKIAJUCN5NJUOY4TCVCA’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4e345a4b-f8db-11e8-9924-4d3fb7de3ba4′] and have been taking them for over 3 years now and love them. It’s a multivitamin so it fulfills a variety of needs, and (pro tip) I get it off Amazon because it’s cheaper than everywhere else.
- Stay active in a way that’s fun for you so it doesn’t feel like working out, but you still get in a good workout. I used to skip my workouts when I was taking this workout class I hated, but I almost never say not to playing soccer, so that’s what I do. It works for me, what works for you?
- Get outside at least once a day, even if it’s to go to a store to window shop or to walk around the block. I’d probably go on more walks if I had a dog to walk but I have cats, so, there’s that. But seriously, getting out and about just clears your mind gets you feeling refreshed and revitalized.
- Don’t focus on cutting junk food out, especially because it’s the holidays and it causes more stress than results anyways. Too many cookies isn’t good for you, but so is never letting yourself eat a single cookie. It’s all about moderation, and giving yourself what your body needs (and sometimes it’s icecream. I don’t make the rules). Instead, focus on adding good things to your life. In this case, it’s adding fruits, vegetables, soups, beans, and other real, healthy foods.
- See people you love and that bring you joy regularly. Bonus points if it’s to see your friends and also do something active. I’m thinking about tattooing this on my forehead because I tend to go into introverted hermit mode in the winter, but that always ends up backfiring on me. So more planning, less introverting.
- Wake up earlier. It’s winter, and it gets dark really early. So maximizing daylight hours will help make you happier with that good ole Vitamin D. So, maybe go to bed a little earlier so that you can wake up a bit earlier, too.
- Drink enough water. It’s not hot outside anymore, but your body still needs to stay hydrated like it did in summer. Keep a small [amazon_textlink asin=’B00D5UJ418′ text=’water bottle’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’AKIAJUCN5NJUOY4TCVCA’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’798876da-f8dc-11e8-be4f-33a12449f6b4′] with you in your bag so that you have it on you at all times.
- Pamper yourself. A body and mind that you show love will show you love back. Paint your nails. Put on that [amazon_textlink asin=’B00Q23KDOM’ text=’self tanner’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’AKIAJUCN5NJUOY4TCVCA’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4c85c9a0-f8dc-11e8-a509-257f9606b1ed’]. Do a face mask. Take that bath. Write your thoughts out in a [amazon_textlink asin=’B01NAT49WS’ text=’journal’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’AKIAJUCN5NJUOY4TCVCA’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5a8eee29-f8dc-11e8-b581-db4b8dd8532f’]. Meditate your mind. Especially because it’s cold and dreary outside a lot of the time in winter, the light you need is going to need to shine from within.
I’ve been hitting you guys with a lot of writing lately so I wanted this to be short & sweet. These tips are really simple but at the same time, it’s really easy to forget to do them. Most of these things have become habits to me at this point, but life gets crazy and sometimes I forget to drink enough water or I want to sleep in. But, I know that doing these things will be good for me and make me feel more healthy & happy.
I hope these tips help you feel healthy & happy too.
What are some things you do/plan to do to stay healthy?
Let me know, and I’ll see you tomorrow for another day of BLOGMAS!
* This post contains affiliate links. For more information, feel free to read through my Disclosure Policy.