BLOGMAS HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN
For the next 25 days, I’ll be sharing a new blog post EVERY SINGLE DAY all the way up until Christmas! It’s kind of like ABC Family’s (does anyone really call it Freeform) 25 Days of Christmas, only better.
This morning I woke up early around 8 am and woke up feeling calm and carefree. Ever since I was little, I’ve always just felt happier during the holiday season. The days seem a little brighter, the air a little lighter, and everyday life seems a little happier.
Therefore, that’s why I wanted to kick off this Blogmas by sharing feel-good things about the holiday season. Here are 25 things that I love about the most wonderful time of the year.
25 Things I Love About Christmas
- The traditions, like putting up the tree, decorating the house, baking cookies, & getting together with the whole family.
- Shopping for gifts because it’s both something fun to do and it’s a great feeling giving someone a gift you know they’ll love.
- THE DESSERTS, I have such a sweet tooth so I love getting to enjoy all the cookies, candy canes, and hot chocolate my heart desires.
- Doing cliché things like building a gingerbread house from one of those kits and drinking hot chocolate with overflowing marshmallows.
Justin Beiber’s Christmas Album Under the Mistletoe. Need I say more.
- Christmas break, not only because it’s nice having a break from school and stress, but because all my friends & family come home and we all get to be together.
- All the lights lighting up homes and storefronts, so going anywhere feels festive.
- Opening presents on Christmas morning with the family, because we take our time and really make it an experience to give and share with each other. Even though it takes us a looong time because we go so slowly, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Wearing cozy clothes 24/7 like slippers, joggers, hoodies, and sweaters. The best outfits are the ones that are both cute & cozy.
- That perfect, fluffy white snow that we get in the winter that makes everything bright and beautiful.
- Christmas cards, I’m a sap for pictures and hand-written things so when you combine the two my heart melts into a little puddle.
- Holiday parties, whether it be with family, friends, work, or anything else, it’s just fun to get together and see joyful faces.
- Going into the city to shop, ice skate, walk around, and explore. And being all bundled up in a cute scarf and coat, walking around with your bff’s or bf.
- The hues of of red, green, and gold all around.
The Christmas Cheer that fills the air. There’s something about having this wonderful thing to look forward to that has a way of making everything better.
- Baking cookies with my mom, and hearing all her childhood Christmas tales for like the millionth time, but the story is still as good as the first time I ever heard it.
- Wrapping presents in themed holiday paper and then hiding the gifts so loved ones can’t see and guess what’s inside.
- Driving around with my Christmas Playlist on in the background, and singing along whether I’m alone or have a car full of friends.
- Having someone to share the Holidays with. For me it’s Erick, but you don’t need a boyfriend to enjoy this time of year. It could be your closest friend, sibling, or another loved one, too.
- Watching Christmas movies, whether it be the classics or the new and cheesy ones on Hallmark. I love how they’re lighthearted and filled with love and joy.
- The chance to make new traditions with the people I love the most.
- How inspired it makes me, because it’s around this time every year I always want to re-decorate my whole room, write, take pictures, and brainstorm new ideas for the coming year.
- Creating mood boards with pictures and imagery that fills my soul with the warmth of Christmas and the crispness of winter.
- The scents of peppermint and pine trees that fill the air.
- Having something wonderful to look forward to all month long.
‘Tis the Season for Joy
What do you love most about Christmas? Let me know down below in the comments!
& I’ll see you guys tomorrow for Day 2 of Blogmas!