At the end/beginning of the year, I always get in my Tumblr circa 2013 feels and I think it’s a good idea to reflect on the past year as we enter into a new one. I consider the good things as well as the bad, and I feel as though the bad things should all be rounded up and left in 2017. This is my list of those things. Enjoy ~
My “Leave it in 2017” List
- Self-destructive behaviors
- Caring about looking cool instead of thinking about enjoying ourselves
- Logan Paul
- Sleeping with makeup on (shout-out to my [amazon_textlink asin=’B0722L6H9C’ text=’fave make-up wipes)’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’AKIAJUCN5NJUOY4TCVCA’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2fe5a0fc-f1a7-11e7-a353-bf13b9d02ef4′]
- Making friends feel bad for bettering themselves – let them skip a hangout to study, workout, have some personal time, or work on their dream
- Not playing music loud enough to fully appreciate the song!!!!
- Comparing our lives to those we see on social media
- Going to bed at 3am instead of 10pm because we’re on our phones.. .whoops
- Stigma around mental health
- Not feeling good enough
- Discouraging individuals from not doing that fitness account, that tough college major, that entrepreneurial idea, that YouTube channel, that awesome internship, or that thing that sets their soul on fire!
- Getting paid and then going ham with online shopping and then only having $14.96 to go out to eat, buy your friend a birthday gift, buy gas, donate to your fave charity, and do more online shopping
- Grudges. Let them go; it only hurts ourselves holding on to negative energy like that
- This whole “not having vine” thing :/
- Any and all types of racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry!!
- Cutting our hair whenever a major event happens in our life (@myself x1000000)
And last but not least,
- Over-analyzing the past & worrying about the future. Both take away from living in the present moment
With 2017 behind us, let’s take what we’ve learned from the past year and do better in 2018.